The Sjögren's Syndrome Foundation (SSF) brought together clinical leaders and Sjögren’s experts in all areas of care to produce and publish the very first Clinical Practice Guidelines in Sjögren’s to ensure quality and consistency of care for the assessment and management of patients.
These guidelines will help doctors and dentists in various disciplines to provide appropriate care to Sjögren’s patients and will ensure that patients receive the best treatment possible.
There are currently three (3) different Guidelines that have been completed and published and they are:
- Systemic Manifestations in Sjögren’s Patients (PDF – 468 KB)
- Oral Management: Caries Prevention in Sjögren’s Patients (PDF – 71 KB)
- Ocular Management in Sjögren’s Patients (PDF – 566 KB)
Currently, the SSF is working on Phase 2.The second phase of this initiative will significantly increase the guidance offered on the management and treatment of Sjögren’s. The following topics will be addressed in Phase 2:
- Systemic Manifestations in Sjögren’s
(Pumonary; Peripheral nervous system (PNS); Central nervous system (CNS); Lymphoma and other blood cancers; Vasculitis)
- Oral Manifestations in Sjögren’s
(Muscosal management and symptom relief; Use of secretagogues; Caries management and restoration)
- Ocular Manifestations in Sjögren’s
(Update and expand on the ocular guidelines developed in Phase 1 and TFOS DEWS II Report)
- Cross-cutting Topics
(Parotid and lacrimal gland swelling)