Your dermatologist can be your best ally and may be able to give you samples of products
to try, but here are some basic dry skin survival tips that may help:
- Use gloves when you are using strong soaps or chemicals to clean. One way to get in the habit is to keep a pair of gloves in several areas, i.e. kitchen, bathroom, garage.
- Terry robes will dry you gently. Or after the shower, let yourself dry naturally since the moisture from the water will be absorbed by your skin.
- Use warm, not hot, water for bathing and use soap sparingly (shampoo might also be drying to the rest of your body in the shower).
- After bathing, apply lotion as soon as possible to seal in moisture.
- Use a humidifier, especially if you have forced-heat which is especially drying.